Friday, January 16, 2009

This is one of my favorite holiday weekends...


it's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which is celebrated the third Monday in January. It is to honor the birthdate of Martin Luther King, Jr., which actually falls on January 15th. Some states still don't recognize it as MLK, Jr., day. They refer to it as Human Rights Day or Civil Rights Day.

Why, you ask is this my favorite holiday?...it's because nothing is really expected of you. You are only asked to remember a man who was the chief spokesperson of the nonviolent civil rights movement. How difficult is that. I like very uncomplicated holidays...St. Patrick's Day is along the same line, unfortunately, I don't get that day off anymore. But I'm Irish, so every day is St. Patrick's Day to me!

Enjoy the weekend. I'm sure I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment