Thursday, January 8, 2009

Born on January 8th

There isn't anyone that isn't going to write about Elvis Presley, aka "The King", today. I was never a big Elvis fan. I admit, I liked some of his songs and he was talented, but he wouldn't make my top 100 list of singers. Had he not met his untimely death @ 42, he would have been 74 years old today.

I thought the most creative and original reference to Elvis was the scene in "Forrest Gump" where the young Forrest taught the nice man who stayed at their home and played guitar how to dance. Forrest had braces on his legs when he taught him. I don't recall them mentioning Elvis' name, but you knew it was him by the way he moved. You never saw the nice man, you only saw him from the waist down. Forrest then mentioned he saw the nice man on the television doing the dance he had taught him.

Everything else, you probably know about him...

Jailhouse Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment