Sunday, January 18, 2009

Today's Birthday...my sweetheart!

Kevin Michael Costner turns 54 today. He was born in Lynwood, California, the youngest of the three sons (Oldest brother Dan (1950) and a middle brother who died at birth(1953)) to Sharon Rae (Tedrick), a welfare worker, and William Costner, an electrician and later utilities executive. He has German, Irish and Cherokee ancestry (his Oklahoma-born paternal grandfather was half Cherokee). Costner was raised Baptist. He graduated from Villa Park High School in Villa Park, California, in 1973. Went on to earn a B.A. in business from California State University, where he met bride-to-be Cindy Silva. They later had 3 children, Annie, Lily & Joe. They divorced in 1994 after 16 years of marriage. Costner had a brief relationship with Bridget Rooney after his divorce and had another son, Liam. I guess he didn't know I was available before he married his first wife. Have I told you how much I love Kevin? Well, I love Kevin, but Kevin doesn't love me.

In September 2004, Costner married his girlfriend (much to my dismay) of four years, the German model and handbag designer Christine Baumgartner. They have a son, Cayden Wyatt Costner.

My favorite movies: No Way Out, Fandango, For Love of the Game, Tin Cup, Revenge, Message in a Bottle, Field of Dreams, Dragonfly, Dances with Wolves, The Guardian, The Bodyguard and the Upside of Anger. And even the movies I'm not crazy about, I'll still watch them just to see him. Wish they wouldn't have cut him out of the Big Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment