Tuesday, October 28, 2008

50 Scariest Movies

Boston.com is running a list of the 50 scariest movies.
(click here to view).


I love a good horror movie, not the slasher kind, altho every time I see Nightmare on Elm Street on TV, I have to admit Freddie creeps me out, and I just can't turn it off. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was one movie I could never watch. I've seen bits and pieces, and I know it's based on a true story, but I just didn't like what I saw. The first Saw was okay after years of not seeing a good horror movie. I prefer a psychological thriller. Like Silence of the Lambs (1991), with Anthony Hopkins & Jodie Foster, and Seven (1995), with Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow.

It's hard to believe that Psycho (1960), with Anthony Perkins & Janet Leigh, didn't make the list at all. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that movie and then showered with one eye open for about a week.

The scariest background music has to go to the Exorcist and Jaws which came in at 14 and 15 on the list. Too bad my dates to those movies didn't realize I was enjoying them, or maybe they did and that's why I didn't see much of them after. Psycho's violin strings being poked at didn't sound like music to me, but some people consider it a musical score...and it should never be played in the vicinity of a bathroom or while someone is showering.


Here's the Top 10 of the list. I've only seen 4 of them but I'm sure they'll all be on some channel this week:

1) The Thing (1982)
2) Ju on (2000)
3) Rec (2007)
4) The Ring (2002)
5) Alien (1979)
6) Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
7) Dawn of the Dead (1978)
8) Evil Dead II (1987)
9) Halloween (1978)
10) Audition (1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment