Saturday, October 25, 2008

Breeder's Cup Classic


I'm patiently waiting for the race to begin. My husband's favorite horse is Curlin. Mine is Tiago, which is Portuguese for James (my dad's and grand dad's name). My 2nd pick would be Colonel John. I believe all 3 were in the Kentucky Derby. Haven't got a clue what the odds are on any of them. I've read that Curlin' was the morning favorite for a lot of obvious reasons; won the 2007 Breeder's Cup Classic, named Horse of the Year. Even so, none of it means much to me. I prefer to go with my gut.

I'm watching the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf race and for this one I'd pick Paddy the Pro ridden by Garrett Gomez. The announcer just said this jockey has 3 Breeder's Cup wins already. They're talking a lot about a horse named Donativum. It's a gray horse, and I have a thing about not betting gray horses. The horse is owned by a sheik's wife. And of course...Donativum was the winner. Paddy the Pro didn't even show.

Maybe I ought to rethink my strategy.

UPDATE: 1-Raven's Pass, 2-HenryTheNavigator, 3-Tiago, 4-Curlin

Raven's Pass is owned by the sheik's wife who also owns Donativum.

The jockey, Garrett Gomez, wins the Shoemaker Award for 4 wins in 2 days of racing. But no, he couldn't win the race I picked him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment