Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Getting Started

I thought rather than send out a ton of emails with a long list of recipients, I'd start a blog to share pics, ideas, news, whatever comes to mind. If it doesn't work, I'll stop, simple as that.


Things like, my brother Sean's birthday was the 20th. And altho I knew it was his birthday, did I get the card in the mail that's been sitting on my nightstand for a month? No. Have I done it yet knowing the date has passed? No. Why? Because I have this thing with getting envelopes and stamps together and then actually getting them into the mailbox. The harder I try, the longer it takes to happen. Sean will get the card, eventually. It may take until Christmas, but he'll get that long awaited birthday greeting. I'm not procrastinating because that would actually take some thought. And I'm not thoughtless, because I think of Sean all the time. I have every intention of sending him his birthday card. Hopefully, prior to the Christmas cards going out!

You might ask why I'm even thinking of this today when I already sent Sean a long winded apology email. Well, I went to the mailbox this morning to mail a wedding response return. What do you think the first thing I thought of was? Where's Sean's card? You guessed it. I didn't have it. But if the Woods happen to peek at this blog, they know that our response to the wedding is in the mail. And it's on time. The only reason it is on time is because the stamp was included on the envelope. Now that would be a unique idea for a greeting card company. Have postage-paid envelopes with your cards. If the people who mailed me bills did that, they'd be sure to be paid on time. Then again, I'd probably misplace the envelope.


So I'll say it again...Sorry, Sean.
The older I get, the worse I am and you know it.
Happy belated Birthday, brother!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I went to work and my brother was supposed to come in on his birthday. I was so excited to have him come in and have a drink, had it all planned out in my mind.

    We have a Huge Contract with United Airlines, 50% off and he loves sushi, not that he was gonna pay, ha ha. So comes 10:30 p.m. he comes in I’m thinking great he's gonna sit have a drink catch up, Kathy was going to come in, great. Ha... he comes in and says I don't want to be in my forties and I'm tired and goes to bed. WTF is that. Then I'm alone in the bar and the glasses started to chime (very unusual) so I start talking to the glasses saying, Ma what more do you want me to do, cause I know it was my mother telling me to get him and be with him on his birthday... but he won’t come out of the room.

    So, happy Birthday Brother, at least I tried.

    ReplyDelete