Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Afternoon



I received this pic this morning from Marylou, oops...sorry, I mean Maria. I've seen it before and it always reminds me of Face from Nickelodeon and not a Smile from God as it was labeled. Remember Face? "Hello there, Face here". Face would come on in between shows and my kids loved him. They loved him better than the programs they watched.

You may already know that Game 5 of the World Series was suspended due to rain. The score was tied 2-2. It's due to resume tonight or tomorrow night or "when weather conditions are decent".

Woke up this morning with a song in my head...Tuesday Afternoon by the Moody Blues, I think. Same verse...
Tuesday afternoon, I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way,
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away.
I haven't heard this song for a while, so I can't figure out why I'm thinking about it, other than it's Tuesday. And now the tune is in your head!

Cracked open the book I've been carrying around for months last night, Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks. He also wrote Message in a Bottle and my sweetie, Kevin Costner, starred in that movie, and The Notebook. Both were really good movies. Hopefully I'll finish it so I can go see the movie this weekend. Wikipedia describes the author as writing "novels with themes that include Christianity, love, tragedy and fate". All I know is I cried thru both and expect I'll do the same with this one. Nights in Rodanthe stars Richard Gere and Diane Lane. I'm about half-way thru the book and it's really good so far.

Now it's time to head to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment